- We are small but effective.
- We contribute to our clients’ success, especially SMEs, by pursuing the potential of their intellectual property and protecting it in Japan and around the world.
- We are truly unique.
- We go beyond the standard work of Patent Attorneys.
- Our clients notice the Kimura difference, and they value it.
To be Japan’s leading IP law firm serving innovative, globally-minded businesses.
- We are genuinely engaged with our clients throughout our relationship.
- We commit to our clients as a partner and relentlessly support their business goals.
- We educate our clients on the IP process, their options, and likely outcomes.
- We empower our clients with exceptional IP expertise and add value to their businesses.
- We seek to deeply understand each SME’s uniqueness, challenges, goals and dreams.
When it comes to the Japanese market, foreign companies, especially SMEs, often have difficulty finding IP law professionals willing to fight for them. This is where we come in. Headquartered in Tokyo, Kimura & Partners is a boutique IP law firm passionate about serving clients’ IP interests in Japan and globally.
Japan’s business climate and IP practices are different than in other countries. So also are its rules and systems for granting and handling disputes regarding Intellectual Property rights. For IP success in Japan, foreign companies must have an IP Partner with deep experience and success with the Japanese IP system.
It may surprise you to learn that over 90% of patent applications are initially rejected by the JPO. However, our unique capability and approach result in an exceptionally high registration success rate for our clients. We are also consistently successful in defending our clients in IP disputes and legal actions.
Since our establishment in 2001, we have completed over 1,400 Patent Applications, 1,000 Patent Registrations, and 1,000 TradeMark and other IP registrations. SMEs and their legal or IP advisors worldwide routinely rely on Kimura to handle their IP needs in Japan and their other markets.
Over 30 Years of Experience.
Over 1,000 Patent Registrations.
Over 1,000 Trademark and Other IP Registrations.
Unmatched Record in SME IP Registration and Defense Matters.
Uniquely Dedicated to the Business Success of Global SMEs in Japan.
Kimura & Partners
In Japan, the expression きずな (pronounced “Kizuna” means to create a link between cultures or between people. This is a principle of Kimura & Partners. We form bonds with global IP Professionals and with global SME clients to help them achieve their IP goals in Japan and globally. That’s why they choose us as their IP Partner in Japan.
4F, Marina Marie Asakusa Kaminarimon Building, 2-6-2 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034, Japan