Managing Partner: Takaaki Kimura
Patent Attorney with over thirty-five years of IP law experience. Before founding Kimura & Partners, he spent twelve years in medium and large Japanese IP law firms serving multinationals. Since founding Kimura & Partners, he has spent over 18 years providing comprehensive IP services to clients, especially SMEs.
Partner: Masafumi Miyao
Patent Attorney with over thirty-five years of IP law experience. Expertise includes automobiles, computers, OA equipment, optical equipment, and building materials.
Head of Patent & Overseas Divisions: Kimura Izumi
With over ten years of IP law experience. Experience working with a broad range of clients in various industries.
Head of Design & Trademark Division: Junko Nakadai
Over fifteen years of IP law experience. Expertise includes design and trademark dispute resolution.
- JPAA (Japan Patent Attorneys Association)—since 1989
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- APAA (Asian Patent Attorneys Association)
Our Council Appointments
- IP Council for the Japan Leather Goods Industries Association—since 2010 IP
- Council for the Tokyo Handbag Association—since 2001